Local 399 members interested in continuing their education are encouraged to contact the following educational institutions in the respective areas as we establish relationships with colleges that support training for our trade.
- Triton College, River Grove IL (Paul Jensen) 708-456-0300 Ext. 3500
- Illinois Central College ICC, East Peoria, IL (Brian Weaver) 309-694-8566
- John A Logan College, Carterville, IL (Jason Stutes) 618-985-3741 Ext. 8251
- Parkland College, Champaign, IL (Laura DeOrnellas) 217-373-3838
- Moraine Valley College, Palos Hills, IL (Joseph Adeszko) 708-974-5406
- Oakton College, Des Plaines, IL (Larry Penar) 847-635-1955
- College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL (Jim Filipek) 630-942-2038
- College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL (Scott Allen) 847-543-2511
- IVY Tech throughout Indiana (Jim Coates) 312-372-9870 Ext. 4122
- Elgin Community College, Elgin, IL (Andrew Erbach) 847-214-7287
- Joliet Junior College, Joliet, IL (Joe Thomas) 815-280-2294
- Heartland Community College, Normal, IL (Kathie) 309-268-8863
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI (Mike Feutz) 231-591-2351
- Harper Community College, Palatine, IL (Jose Vital) 847-925-6823
- Kennedy King College, Chicago, IL (Richard Forniss) 773-602-5142
- Waubonsee College, Sugar Grove, IL (Jeff Hes) 630-466-7900 Ext. 5762
- Illinois Institue of Technology - IIT (Pam Houser) 312-567-3584
ALL CLASSES AND SEMINARS ARE HELD AT
OUR UNION HALL & TRAINING FACILITY,
2260 S. GROVE STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60616
OUR MAIN OFFICE PHONE NUMBER: (312) 372-9870 Ext. 4000.
OUR FAX NUMBER: (312) 842-1590
Students enrolling in any of the above educational institutions must follow through and contact the Education Department at Local 399. All students participating in college classes must provide Local 399 a copy of registration form, and a copy of mid-term and final grades each semester to fulfill our programs requirements. For enrollment information, please contact our Education Department at (312) 372-9870 Ext. 4000. Our fax number is (312) 842-1590. It is extremely important to complete this process so we can best serve all parties involved in the program.
SEMINARS / NEW COURSES
Our goal is to continue to offer seminars and courses useful in meeting the needs of our trade. The Critical Systems Course was a huge success and another round of seminars will begin in the Spring. Thank you to all committee members, speakers and attendees for your contributions to this very important course. Chief Engineer Course began as scheduled and the participation is excellent. Approximately 50 engineers are in attendance and that made this the largest Chief Engineers Class on record. (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) LEED for Existing Building Overview was offered and this very informative topic will be repeated. There will be more specialty seminars offered so please continue to visit our website or call for more info.
Please review the Education section of this website or the information areas at the Union Hall for information on Critical Systems, LEED EB, Elevator Technology, OSHA, CFC, Swimming Pool Certification, Generator Certification and Homeland Security, V.A.V, V.F.D, Pneumatics, Centrifugal Pump Seminars and all others. We are continuing to appropriately manage class sizes to enhance the effectiveness of each presentation. Pre-registration for each class or seminar is a must. Call the Education Department at (312) 372-9870 Ext. 4000 for information on class availability, pricing, and deposit when applicable. Seminars are ongoing and dates will be posted.
2015 SPRING CLASS SCHEDULE
Our 2015 Spring Class Schedule is now available. Updates are also posted at the Union Hall. ALL 2014 FALL CLASSES and SEMINARS WILL BE HELD AT OUR TRAINING FACILITY (Unless otherwise noted) LOCATED AT 2260 S. GROVE STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60616 (1 Block Northwest of Archer and Canal Street) Click here for map to our Training Facility. Class sizes are limited. Local 399 Members in good standing receive 1st come, 1st served status on all class registrations. Please register early, this will help us determine class sizes and reduce the bottleneck on the 1st day of class. Register Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Union Hall and plan on purchasing your books when registering. Contact the Education Department at (312) 372-9870 Ext. 4000 if there are any questions on pricing.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD OUR RECOMMENDED TRAINING PROGRAM/COURSE OF STUDY
LOCAL 399 EDUCATION DEPARTMENT:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD 2015 SUMMER CLASS SCHEDULE